This organization shall be known as Alabama Sports Competitors Track Club Inc.
The objectives of this organization shall be:
- To promote road/ track race events both as a competitive sport and as one of the best athletic activities for achieving physical fitness.
- To adhere to the objectives of the Alabama Sports Competitors Track Club.
Article III - Nonprofit Status
This organization was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization by the State of Alabama in 2009.
Article IV - Tax Exempt Requirements
- No part of the net income of the organization shall insure to the benefit of or be distributable to its directors, officers, members, or other private persons, except that the organization shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services actually rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes and objectives set forth in Article II.
- No substantial part of the activities of the organization shall be the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the organization shall not participate in or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Articles, the organization shall not conduct or carry on any activities not permitted to be conducted or carried on by an organization exempt from tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, and to which contributors are then deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of such Code.
Article V - Affiliation
The Executive Committee of this organization shall consider and act to affiliate this organization with national organizations and other bodies when it is deemed to be in the best interest of the organization membership to further the purposes and objectives set forth in Article II.
Article VI - Membership
- The members of this organization shall consist of all persons who are in acceptance with the objectives of the Alabama Sports Competitors Track Club of America regardless of age, race, or sex.
- Membership shall be yearly upon staying active upon receipt of application. There will be yearly application dues from each member and each participants will also pay track meet entry fees.
- New members are required to purchase a uniform upon acceptance of membership each and to participate in all held fundraisors and club functions.
Article VI - Officers
- The officers of this Club shall be:
The elected Officers and Immediate Past President shall constitute the Executive Board.
- Only those members who have served at least one year on the Board of Directors shall be eligible to hold the office of President.
- All officers shall be elected at the June meeting every year by a majority vote of the members present and voting.
- The term of office shall be one year or until their successors have been elected.
Article IX - Duties of Officers
- The President shall preside at all meetings; shall be a member ex-officio of all committees; shall appoint the chairmen of standing committees; shall create or eliminate committees he/she deems necessary to promote the welfare of the Club; shall have the authority to appoint any active member to fill a vacancy in office until the end of the unexpired term with the approval of the Executive Board; shall have the authority to remove an elected or appointed board member when a situation deems necessary due to just causes with the approval of the Executive Board; authorize all disbursements from the Club's treasury; and shall perform such duties as are incumbent on this office.
- The Vice-President shall assume the duties of the President in his/her absence, resignation, or death. He/she shall assist and encourage the President in the discharge of Club duties; assist at races where needed; shall serve on the Marathon Planning Committee; and assume the duties of the Membership Chairman.
- The Treasurer shall oversee the receipt and deposit of all Club funds to the proper accounts and oversee payment of all Club bills; shall oversee the proper recording of all transactions to the financial statements; shall prepare and insure the accuracy of the monthly financial statements; shall present consolidated and race specific financial statements to the Board of Directors at each board meeting; shall give an annual report; and shall prepare an annual budget, with the assistance of the President, Immediate Past President, Vice-President, and Executive Race Director, to be presented at the August board meeting. The Treasurer shall be responsible for making the necessary arrangements for check signing signatures: President, Vice-President, and Treasurer.